Sunday, July 15, 2012

Zucchini Brownies

What was left of the Zucchini Brownies after supper

This weekend I bought (gasp!) some zucchinis. I did not plant any in the garden this year. I just completely forgot when I was planning it this year.

I love zucchini. Grilled. Deep fried. Stir fried. Baked in cakes, breads, muffins & pancakes. My kids on the other hand do not love zucchini. If they can see it, forget it. My friend put a zucchini recipe in a cookbook that their church made a few years ago. My kids LOVE it.

Zucchini Brownies. Who knew that zucchini could taste like chocolate? I thought that I would share the recipe with you in what is now Zucchini Season. If you don't have any in your garden, you can ask around. Chances are that some one has a surplus of the green veggies lying around.

Zucchini Brownies
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1/3 c. cocoa
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. zucchini, grated
2 c. flour

Combine all of the ingredients by hand. The mixture will be dry & crumbly at first. Then it will turn into a thick batter. Put it into a greased 9x13 greased baking dish. Bake at 350 deg. F for 25-30 minutes.

Try them out this week. Let me know how they were perceived at your house. I hope that you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment