Friday, December 12, 2014

Oh my, pumpkin pie


My husband, George, is a great guy. He strives to be a better man everyday. He joined a men's group at our church that was focused on improving yourself & relationships with God, wife & children. It also gave weekly challenges for the men to conquer that pulled them out of their comfort zones.

One such challenge found my husband & kids in my kitchen. The challenge was to make a dessert for the Thanksgiving dinner.

Let's pause here for a moment. My husband doesn't cook, prepare, bake or grill. He likes to eat the food. There is a reason for this. George decided to surprise me when I was at work by making dinner. He decided that he would make spaghetti with a meat sauce. As he started to cook the pasta, he realized that pasta grows as it cooks. Seeing that he didn't have enough hamburger for the sauce because meat shrinks as it cooks, he decided to add more meat to the skillet. This in turn had him adding more pasta.

When I got home that evening, he was prouder than a peacock. He made enough spaghetti to last us all week! Lunch & supper.

After that episode, I promptly told to leave the cooking to me. It was my kitchen. I really don't like spaghetti.

Back to the dessert episode. Now he finds himself in a foreign land: the kitchen. This is with the children. I thought this was a momentous occasion. So I made a movie out of it.The only problem with the movie is that it is 22 minutes long. I spent the better half of yesterday trying to download it, set-up a YouTube account & wait. It would have take 25oo minutes to download into a YouTube video!!

I have decided to show you a clip of them making the pie crust. I don't do this in jest of my husband. (Although, I do snort at him a couple times.) I'm glad that he has a great sense of humor, as well. But to show you that he loves me enough to do something he's not fond of. Just like Christ has commanded the husbands to do. Even if it involves pie crusts!

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. - Ephesians 5:25




No comments:

Post a Comment