Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Vacation

Our summer schedule
School is on hold until further notice! I am having a wonderful reprieve, for now. No schedules, no where we have to be & no structure. So what happens when you have an autistic child who thrives on a schedule & a mother who despises schedule? CHAOS! You wind up with an unhappy girl & momma.
I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal. I like to do things on a whim. I do chores as I see them. "Oh,  the hamper is full & over-flowing onto the floor. I guess the laundry needs done today. Let me check the weather & see if I can hang up the clothes." "Ummm..... there's something sticky on the kitchen floor. I better get it cleaned." Okay, please don't think that I am lazy & don't care about the state of my house. I just have another priority in my house, my kids & husband.

I would rather spend my 86,400 seconds I get each day on playing with my kids or listening to my husband's frustrations than standing at the sink washing dishes. I am fortunate to have a husband who understands & accepts that fact that our abode is never going to be magazine-clean. I also have a husband who gave me a dishwasher for Valentine's Day one year. I don't really go for the sappy stuff.

Girly-Girl on the other hand, she likes her schedule. First, (fill it in). Then, (fill it in). You get the point. She gets highly disgruntled without that structure. My boy also requires a play-by-play calendar. He wants to know what's happening & when it's exactly going down. If you stray from the agenda by even a few minutes, look out. He has actually fired me because of this issue. Little does he know that moms cannot be fired, although there are days when a reprieve would be refreshing.

So, what am I to do? I have bought quite a few of organizational, scheduling & how to manage a home books. I even have a organizational book for those with ADD. I got half way through it & got bored. I read many blogs on housekeeping schedules. I just don't have that particular drive. Martha Stewart & I would not see eye to eye.

On the days when I am motivated to make a schedule, God has the master agenda already posted. He has had my timeline planned from before the Romans took over half the world. Just imagine that God has our lives planned down to the clothes that we pick out for the day.

"Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!" Luke 12:27, 28

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.  And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered." Matthew 10:29, 30


Do you know how many hairs are on your head? I know when I brush my hair, there are less.

My point is that God knows my personality, & He knows that I hate to do dishes. I also believe God gives me everything that I need, including having one of the kids spill juice on the table, down the chair & on the floor. Or by having a friend call & say that she needs me to watch a couple of her children while she helps her mother-in-law. As for the kiddos & their penchant with agendas, I think I'm trying to teach them to be flexible with their time on Earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment